Why does garlic and parmesan tastes so heavenly?! Add the pasta and chicken and this recipe is DELICIOUS!
The garlic, parmesan and milk gives it an alfredo taste without the cream cheese.
You will want to start cooking the chicken first. You can boil it in water for 30 minutes or in your oven at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. For this recipe I like to cook the chicken in the oven. The rest of this recipe can be made in one pot. Love that you don’t have a lot of dishes to wash after dinner!
When you dish up feel free to add a little more parmesan cheese on top. You can never have to much cheese!
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Pasta
2 chicken breasts
1 Tblsp extra virgin olive oil
4 large gloves garlic, minced
1 14.5 oz can chicken broth
2 Tblsp butter
8 oz whole wheat fettuccine, uncooked
salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook chicken breasts in boiling water for 20-30 minutes or 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes.
- When chicken has 2 minutes left in large pot heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes. Stir in broth, milk, butter and fettuccine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Add to pot.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked. About 18-20 minutes.
- Stir in grated parmesan. Top with parsley if you desire.
- Serve immediately.