Pumpkin muffins are great for breakfast or a snack any day of the week! They are so fast and easy to make.
If you are like me and like to make recipes with pumpkin but don’t know what to do with the rest of the pumpkin, you can make these muffins! You only need 1/2 cup of pumpkin! You can even freeze the muffins and eat them later.
I love this time of year because you can find canned pumpkin every where! This is the time I stock up. I have learned from past years experience that when you see it at the store you probably should stock up because you never know when there will be a shortage.
Serve the muffins warm with butter and honey or grab one on the go. Either way they will please your taste buds!
Did you know pumpkin is loaded with antioxidant beta carotene? Our bodies convert beta carotene into Vitamin A which promotes healthy skin and vision.
7 Tblsp. extra virgin coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
2 tsp. pure vanilla
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
3 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin pan or place 12 liners in muffin tin.
- In a large bowl mix together eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup, pumpkin puree, and vanilla.
- Add flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and sea salt.
- Pour the batter evenly into the muffin tin. Fill until almost completely full.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from muffin tin and let cool.
- Serve with butter and honey.